The Fondazione Biblioteca Capitolare di Verona, in its capacity as Data Controller, hereby informs you that navigation of its website and/or any requests for information or services require the provision of Personal Data which will be processed in full compliance with European Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter "GDPR"), the Privacy Code (Legislative Decree 196/2003 and subsequent amendments and additions) and the provisions of the Privacy Guarantor.
Pursuant to the aforementioned regulations, such processing will be based on principles of correctness, lawfulness and transparency, protecting your confidentiality and your rights.
The Data Controller is the Fondazione Biblioteca Capitolare di Verona with registered office in Piazza Duomo, 13 - 37121 Verona (Italy).
The complete list of Persons in charge of the processing of Personal Data is available upon written request to the Data Controller.
The purpose of the processing and the legal basis
Personal data voluntarily provided will be processed for the following purposes:
- Replying to a commercial request, to follow up on requests for services from the user.
- Navigation on the websites and social pages mentioned on this page.
- Interaction with social networks
- Informative and commercial communications
The personal data provided are processed by the FBC for the management of the Chapter's Newsletter service distributed via e-mail - automatically and free of charge - to those who request to receive it by filling in the appropriate form, or who request it or have requested it explicitly in the past through the various FBC communication channels.
The data provided will be used solely for the stated purposes and for the period during which the service will be active, unless you unsubscribe from the service.
Legal basis of the Processing
The Personal Data indicated on this page are processed by FBC in the performance of its institutional tasks of service to the public and dissemination of scientific information, including the task of improving the website browsing experience and collecting useful information.
The Data Controller processes Personal Data relating to the User if one or more of the following conditions are met
- the User has given consent for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the User and/or the performance of pre-contractual measures;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a legal obligation to which the Controller is subject;
- processing is necessary for the pursuit of the legitimate interest of the Controller or of third parties.
The Modalities of Processing and its Security
Data processing means "any operation or set of operations, carried out with or without the help of electronic or automated means, concerning the collection, recording, organisation, storage, processing, modification, extraction, comparison, use, communication, dissemination, interconnection, blocking, erasure, destruction and selection of data".
The Duration of the Processing
Personal Data will be processed mainly by automated means but also on paper, with logics strictly related to the aforementioned purposes.
The Place of Processing and Contact Details of the Data Controller
The Data Controller has adopted appropriate security measures to protect the Data Subjects against the risk of loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Data. The Capitolare and its suppliers are committed to maintaining the physical, electronic and procedural security measures in place to protect Personal Data, in compliance with the requirements imposed by national and European regulations.
The nature and modalities of the provision of the Data Subjects' Personal Data
The data provided are retained for the time necessary to fulfil the specific purposes indicated above, in accordance with the principle of minimisation of processing, namely
Categories of Personal Data subject of processing
1. For the management of the registration as a user of the Website: the data will be processed for as long as the user wishes to remain registered (i.e. until he/she requests the cancellation of his/her registration).
Categories of persons who may become aware of the Data Subjects' Personal Data
2. For the fulfilment and execution of the contract of sale or service: the data will be processed for as long as is necessary to manage the purchase of products or the provision of services requested by the user.
Scope of diffusion of Data Subjects' Personal Data
3. For user support: your data will be processed for as long as is necessary to fulfil your request or question.
Extra-EU Transfer of Personal Data of Data Subjects
Personal Data are mainly processed at the Data Controller's operational headquarters, Piazza Duomo, 13 - 37121 Verona (Italy) and/or in the places where the appointed Data Processors are located. For further information, Data Subjects may contact the Data Controller by sending an email to: email@example.com.
The rights of interested parties
The provision of Personal Data is optional, but for certain purposes it is compulsory in order for the Controller to be able to meet the Data Subject's requirements: fields relating to compulsory Personal Data are highlighted during the input phase or otherwise marked as such.
Failure to provide, or the partial or inaccurate provision of, the Personal Data required for the performance of the service requested will make such performance impossible; failure to provide, or the partial or inaccurate provision of, optional Personal Data, on the other hand, will have no consequences.
Links to third parties sites
The Controller processes:
- So-called "common" Personal Data: e.g. first name, last name, contact details, etc.
- Economic and transaction information (e.g. payment or credit card data, information relating to purchases of services).
Users who wish to make purchases via the website will have to proceed with registration within the Website. During registration, interested parties will provide Personal Data (such as name, surname, postal address, e-mail account, date of birth, computer payment data, etc.).